Blue light is a part of visible light spectrum, whose wavelengths are between 380 and 500 nanometers. The sun naturally emits blue light but screens, sources of artificial lights, also emit stronger blue light such as computers, smartphones, tablets, LED bulbs, televisions, etc.
Figures for France :
- French spend about 6 hours a day looking at a screen
- Young people between 18 and 25 years old are more connected and spend about 8 hours a day
- There are on average 6.5 screens per household
- We spend more than ¾ of our time consulting 2 screens at the same time (TV and smartphone)
- We are about 20% to check our phone on waking and at bedtime
- Sleeping troubles
- Dry eyes
- Visual fatigue
- Mood disorders and depression
- Risk of AMD (age-related macular degeneration)
K-EYES screen glasses effectively protect your eyes from blue light.Our lenses are designed to filter 36% of the harmful rays from blue light from screens.